Saturday, October 1, 2011

In Review: Donna Marie Dream Curling Cream

Hola People!

I finally got a chance to upload my pics and do an official review.



Price - $18 for 16oz

Ingredients-
Water, Aloe vera juice infused with Rosemary, hibiscus, and horsetail, vegetable glycerin, Sweet Almond oil, Shea Butter, Macadamia Butter, Cupuacu Butter, silk amino acids, sorbitol, polysorbate 60, sodium carbomer, xanthan gum, phenoxyethanol, caprlyl glycol, fragrance.

***Notice the vegetable glycerin, I checked the dewpoint before using this. It was 58 so I was good.

Description-
Our new medium hold curl enhancing and styling creme. Removes frizz. Stretches and elongates your curls. Give your Twists and Twist-outs SUPREME definition, shine and hold. ABSOLUTELY no crunch, flakes, or hard hair! Enriched with organic, fair trade certified Cupuacu Butter, Macadamia Butter and Aloe Vera offering maximum moisture and softness to curls, twists, twists-outs, braid-outs, puffs and other natural hair styles. For a curl definer with more hold, try our Miracurl Curling Gelly


Smell- freaking good! I know coconut is not listed as an ingredient, but to me it smells like coconut and honey.

Texture- somewhere between pudding/gelly/cream.





Application- Very smooth, this cream has pretty good slip. It didn't absorb into my hair right away, but my strands are low porosity so that's not unusual.

I found that when my hair was wet it hung down a lot and looked kind of stringy. I was a little worried that it would dry like that.

However, as my hair dried it seemed to be clumping nicely and I experienced the shrinkage that I usually do. The shine factor was also very high, and my hair didn't feel sticky or weighted down at all.


Once my hair was dry it was very light, fluffy, moisturized, and shiny. The cream gives just enough hold so that my coils stayed intact, but weren't crunchy. I did use a leave in underneath but I don't feel like I need to. One thing I will say, If you're looking for 4 day hair you'll probably need something with more hold. I was successful with 2nd and 3rd day hair.




Overall I am really loving this stuff, and I already plan to purchase at least one more jar. At less than 2 dollars per ounce it's a good deal for a natural haircare product. I'm excited to see what it will do for a twistout!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram