Monday, October 3, 2011

Down girl..

Sometimes I have to remind myself that it's alright not to have everything right this minute. You see, I get all hot an bothered everytime there is a new natural hair product rave....and it's come back to bite me in the @ss a few times. Some lessons learned:


1. The Tangle Teazer was all over the net as the natural hair detangling magic device, so you know I HAD to have it. And, when I want something I want it right then. So, I let my fingers do the walking right on over to amazon and ordered one (I love getting packages, but hate waiting).

*Side note* Those of you who can run out to your local beauty supply/walmart etc. to pick up products are so lucky.

Anyway, after about a month of using the darn thing I realized that I was experiencing a large amount of breakage. Then I started hearing a lot of other naturals complaining of the same thing. I now use the TT to brush my yorkie's hair :/


2. There is a new hair product company *cough* naturalista cosmetics *cough* that had a new "humidity fighting" leavin that was "the bomb". Again my fingers went walking, this time to etsy and I orderen not 1, but 2 jars (I mean go big, right?). Long story short, my hair hated it, the cs sucked major nads, the jar looked half used, I only got 1 jar, and I ended up getting a refund. *Sigh*


All that to say sometimes I've got to remember to pace myself. I'm never going to stop trying/buying stuff (I am a product junkie after all), but sometimes I think I'm looking forward to the "high" of getting a package more than the actual product. So, I RE-E-EE-EEE-EAL-Y want to buy some Wen ginger pumkin and 613 cleansing condition from QVC, but I will abstain.......for now anyway :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram